POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightning (3 pics 30kbu) : Re: Lightning (3 pics 30kbu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning (3 pics 30kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Sep 2000 08:15:34
Message: <39B8D89E.A28789A8@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> A challenge was given a week or two ago to
> produce realistic lightning in povray. I thought I'd have
> a go at it.
>
> The pictures below are of a very preliminary version
> of my lightning macro.
>
> Comments? Criticisms? Suggestions?

Sure :-)

-The shape looks good, but the decrease in width is too strong IMO (in many
cases, the width/brightness of a lightning stays quite constant during the path)
-It would be good to have the color fading from white to black/darkblue at the
edges. (you seem to use objects for the lightning, so this is probbaly not that
easy)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>